Trustees can now use their myGov login details to access government online services such as:
- the Business Portal
- Access Manager
- Australian Business Register (ABR).
Once your SMSF’s ABN is connected to your myGov account, your myGov username and password become an alternative to AUSkey.
You’ll need a myGov account with security codes turned on and linked to the ATO, Centrelink or Medicare. Simply connect your SMSF’s ABN/s to your personal myGov account using the Manage ABN Connections service.
Linking your SMSF’s ABN to your myGov account will give you:
- a choice in how you log in to government online business services
- a single username and password for both personal and business services
- the ability to view your SMSF accounts and access, lodge and file reports on the business portal
- the ability to update your SMSF details on the ABR portal.
Your ATO mail
If you create a myGov account and link it to the ATO, it’s important to note you will then receive most personal ATO mail (and business ATO mail, if you’re a sole trader) through your myGov Inbox. If you create a myGov account and link it to Centrelink or Medicare, this will not change the delivery of your ATO mail.
If you have a tax or BAS agent and you link to the ATO, they will still be able to access any correspondence we send you. However, your agent will not be notified that you’ve received the correspondence.
To start using myGov to access business services:
- Log in to myGovExternal Link or create a myGov account.
- Go to Settings.
- On the Manage ABN Connections line, click the edit icon.
- Follow the prompts.
When you're ready to use online business services simply choose myGov from the drop-down menu when you log in.