We are a firm of accountants and not financial advisers. Just Superfund as per corporations law is not a financial product, we do not provide any financial product advice or recommend that a SMSF is suitable to you.
We are tax agents and SMSF Specialist accountants and ASIC approved Self Managed Super Fund auditors, we are not licensed to provide any personal financial advice. We follow the best interests of our clients under ASIC's Regulatory Guide 175.214 and taxation is only one of the matters that must be considered when making a decision to set up a Self Managed Super Fund.
We can provide advice and factual information about SMSF’s under SIS Act & Income tax act on
- investment restrictions
- in-house assets
- Superannuation Guarantee Contributions
- collectables and personal use, etc.
We may at times give some broad asset class advice and provide some general advice (without any remuneration) which is not intended to influence you in making a decision in relation to a particular financial product or an interest in a particular financial product. This advice should not be construed as particular financial product advice or personal advice, this advice may be given under exemptions contained in Corporate Regulation 7.1.33G.
We can provide advice relating to tax implications of investing in various Asset Classes, such as cash Vs shares Vs property Vs superannuation. Cash flow benefits of a various types of pensions, but we cannot advice that you dispose an existing super account to start any such income stream. We can advise on the tax benefits of using the various small business CGT concessions in so far as they relate to making contributions to super and taxation consequences of participating in a share buyback with a high franked dividend etc.
We may identify your generic insurance needs, for example, insuring your SMSF property or life of members or generic financial products or classes of financial product that will mitigate any risk.
On your instructions, we can assist you in ordering a Trust Deed and apply for registration of your SMSF with the ATO or help you, once you have decided to transfer; any transfer any asset, rollover to your SMSF simply as an administrative task.
If we refer you to any financial planner or advisor and that planner pays us a share of for any financial advice given or commission received for investment in any financial product, we will advise you in writing before we refer you of our arrangement with the financial advisor.
No principal or any staff member of JustSMSF Pty Ltd trading as Just Superfund has
- provided any financial product advice or recommended or made a statement of opinion with the intention of influencing me or done any act which can be regarded as intending to have such an influence for me to set up a self managed superannuation fund.
- provided any financial advice unless in any of the circumstances mentioned in Section 766 A (2) (b) of the corporations Act 2001 which sets out the circumstances in which our principals or staff members are taken to provide a financial service as an "Eligible Service" defined in Corporations Regulations 7.1.29. These circumstances are that we provide a financial advices (eligible service) in the course of conducting what we are allowed to do (exempt service) and it is reasonably necessary to provide financial advice and this advice is provided as an integral part of our normal accounting functions.
- provided any financial service as described in Section 766 B to E of the Corporations Act 2001 and I have enough opportunities in detail these sections of the Act.
- provided any specific advice on any asset risk policy or specific insurance for any of the asset of the fund or life insurance policy or the value of insurance required for any member of the self managed super fund.
- provided any advice regarding transfer of any asset or rollover of any existing superannuation interests in the SMSF or what asset or how much money should be contributed to the SMSF or any investment strategy of your SMSF.
- provided any advice on who should be members and trustees of the SMSF and who should be beneficiaries of any death benefit of any member of the SMSF.
- provided any financial advice on any financial product other than taxation implications of any financial product. Including establishment, operation structuring or valuation of superannuation fund except for advice that is given for the sole purpose, and only to the extent reasonably necessary for the purpose, of ensuring compliance by you with the SIS Act (other than paragraph 52(2)(f)), the SIS Regulations (other than regulation 4.09).
- provided any advice
- relating to the acquisition or disposal by your superannuation fund of any specific financial products or classes of financial products; and
- a recommendation that you acquire or dispose any superannuation product; and
- a recommendation in relation to a person's existing holding in a superannuation product to modify an investment strategy or a contribution level.
- provided any comparison that your existing superannuation interest with an SMSF or any other superannuation product or any investment with another in your SMSF.
- provided any retirement planning or estate planning advice either within or outside of superannuation space or within the ambit of an SMSF.
I have taken advice from a financial advisor who holds an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) and / or conducted my own research in making a decision to set up a Self Managed Superannuation Fund
I understand that once I set up my own Self Managed Superannuation Fund, I as trustee will be responsible for my superannuation fund and I have read all my administrative functions and duties as a trustee and all investment restrictions as detailed in the ATO trustee declaration form.
Company Trustee Setup Fee (where applicable) - If you require us to setup a Company to be trustee of the SMSF
then an additional setup fee of $600 will be charged to cover the ASIC fee.
By clicking the button below "Just Superfund Setup" and providing my personal information of all members of the proposed SMSF on the online form, I am instructing Just Superfund and their principals and staff to provide administrative task of establishing an Self Managed Superannuation Fund as defined in 17A of SIS Act for me. I also agree to any and all charges associated with the setup of a new SMSF including any ASIC fees.
I agree to all of the above declarations.